Institute for Dance (iDance) is a non profit 501(3c) organization. Our Mission is to bring cultural enrichment to Williamsburg and surrounding areas thru the following:
- Instilling the love of dance that motivates and inspires us;
- Offering students of all ages affordable, excellent dance instruction;
- Presenting to our audiences professional-quality performances; and
- Working with other organizations to improve the quality of life in our community.
In all that we do, we seek to attain the following vision:
- Students who become better dancers in discipline, technique and artistic expression.
- Teachers who value, nurture, correct and encourage each of their students, recognizing them as unique individuals with tremendous potential.
- Students who become better people in manners, poise, confidence, self-respect, personal ambition, and creative thinking.Our Studio serves as a home-away-from-home: a safe, comfortable, respectful environment for students, teachers, and parents.
- Performances that bring out the best in our students and invigorate our audiences’ appreciation for the arts.
Service to others as a community resource, improving the health and quality of life of those we meet.
Our work is structured to provide a building block development sequence that allows dancers to artistically and technically prosper. Students begin a goal-oriented program that includes classes and performance opportunities directed toward each individual’s fullest potential as a dancer.
The Institute’s staff, through regular written, oral, and observational evaluations, provide valuable feedback on each dancer’s artistic abilities, achievements, and progress. After extensive training, advanced dancers are invited to audition for major productions and for promotion to pre-professional levels of dance instruction.
The Institute for Dance, Inc., strives to focus on the unique needs of each dancer. Many of our students have been accepted for further dance study after training under our instruction.