iDance Covid-19 Health & Safety Plan
The safety and health of our staff, students and families remains our #1 priority
- Please, do not come to the studio if you have a cough, fever or are sick.
- Please, do not come to the studio if you have tested positive, or have had COVID-like symptoms, within the past 14 days.
- Please, do not come to the studio if you had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or has had COVID-like symptoms, within the past 14 days.
- If you have traveled outside of our local area, we ask that you please consider not coming to the studio for 7-14 days following your return.
- All persons entering the building will be required to answer health and symptom questions as part of our routine health screening.
- We reserve the right to take temperatures of anyone entering the studio using non-contact, infrared thermometers.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 ℉, or above, will be asked to leave the studio.
- All families are required to sign our COVID waiver before beginning any season or program.
- Students must be registered in advance for class in order to enter the building. There will be NO drop-in students allowed.
- Students must come dressed and ready for class.
- Students cannot change clothing anywhere within the studio.
- Students should bring the absolute minimum inside the studio.
- Students can bring their own water with a resealable lid. Water fountains will be turned off.
- Students with multiple classes in one day, that are not back-to-back, must leave the studio until their next scheduled class time.
Following Virginia’s Executive Order 63 Regarding Face Coverings:
- Everyone entering the studio must wear a face covering.
- Face coverings include any mask, shield or covering of both the nose and mouth. Face coverings must be properly worn with both nose and mouth covered.
- Students are not required to wear face coverings while actively engaged in dancing or other exercise activities. Students who prefer to wear a face covering while actively engaged in dancing may do so.
- Students must wear face coverings while entering and exiting the dance rooms, bathrooms and anytime 6 feet of social distancing is not possible.
- While optional when dancing/exercising, face coverings are strongly encouraged by the CDC/VA Department of Health as an effective tool to minimize the spread of Covid-19.
For more information on Virginia Executive Order 63 regarding face coverings, please visit: Virginia Executive Order 63–Face Coverings.
Lobby / Studio
- The building will be limited to students, faculty and staff.
- All parents, guardians, siblings and family members must wait outside of the building.
- Everyone entering the building must use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the building.
- All lost and found items will be disposed of at the end of each business day.
Classes / Classrooms
- Due to social distancing, individual class sizes will be smaller and available only on a first come, first served basis.
- Teachers will refrain from “hands-on” corrections, and instead will use visual and verbal corrections.
- Classes will be shortened for dismissals and cleaning:
60-minute classes will now be 50 minutes;
90-minute classes will now be 80 minutes.
- Faculty must wear face coverings during class, except when actively dancing or exercising.
- Students must abide by their “assigned” marked social distancing area for each class.
- Students should go to the restroom before coming into the building.
- The restroom will be limited to students, faculty and staff.
- Restrooms will be wiped down frequently each day by staff.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned after every class.
- A professional cleaning company will come in during our off hours for deep cleaning and sanitizing at least twice per week.
- Doors will open 5 minutes prior to class time.
- Students must enter through the front lobby.
- For our non-driving students, a parent or guardian MUST remain with the student until the health questionnaire and temperature scan are completed and the student is cleared to remain in the building.
- Students will be lined up in the front lobby by class.
- Students will be escorted to their classrooms.
- Depending on time and numbers of students, Studio 1 and Studio 2 classes will be dismissed from our front lobby doors, or through the basement and out the side door on the parking lot side of the building.
- Studio 3 classes will be dismissed down the back staircase and out the side door and walked around to the parking lot.
- Students will be escorted and dismissed individually by class.
- Non-driving students must be released to a parent / guardian at their designated dismissal door.
- Students must be picked up on time. No exceptions.
Tuition / Payments
- If you pay by check, tuition, payments and/or fees can be dropped off in our outside drop box (on the brick wall to the right of the entry doors), sent in with students during regular business hours, or mailed to our office: 3356 Ironbound Road, #501, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- No tuition and/or fees will be prorated.
Everyone entering Institute for Dance, Inc. must agree with, and follow, our COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan which may change at any time. If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: July 28, 2020